We paired one of our favorite locally-produced items, Dumpling & Strand noodles, with Spoon Optional Minted Pea, Leek & Garlic soup for a delightfully light but filling meal. Perfect for the transition to spring!
Makes 4 servings.
- one 16oz jar of Spoon Optional Minted Pea, Leek & Garlic sippable soup
- one-two 9oz packages of Dumpling & Strand Campanelle (or any brand/pasta)
- one 8oz pkg ricotta cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Omit the ricotta. Instead, grate fresh parmesan cheese over the top of the noodles & sauce.
- Rather than thickening the soup, just heat it in the pan long enough to warm it through. It still tastes delicious!
- A medium or medium well steak, cut into strips would add extra protein and be a welcome addition this this dish.
- Buy a loaf of your favorite fresh bread from a local bakery to sop up the extra sauce in your bowl!